Our technical expertise lies in heat pump technology – air source, ground source (horizontal & borehole systems) and water source.
We provide in-house geothermal design & hydraulics for systems capable of efficient heating and hot water in domestic and commercial properties, including new builds, refurbishments and heritage buildings. We also have expertise in bivalent systems which utilise a high percentage of energy from the renewable source alongside a conventional source.
We carry out a complete assessment and provide an indication of the potential fuel savings and RHI income from a heat pump system. We can then assist you in every step of the process of selecting, installing and setting up a heat pump. We also install sophisticated controls to enable efficiency now and in the future.
What are Heat Pumps?
- Heat pump technology is both an economical and environmentally friendly way to heat and provide hot water to a building
- Some types of ground and air heat pumps can also provide an all-year-round heating solution as they can be reversed in the summer to provide air-conditioning
- Heat pump systems require very little maintenance
There are 3 types:
- Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the air
- Ground source heat pumps absorb heat from the ground – watch our video about how water source heat pumps work here
- Water source heat pumps absorb heat from a water source such as a lake, moat or stream – watch our video about how water source heat pumps work here
Benefits of Heat Pumps
- Lower carbon emissions
- No fuel required
- Provide heating and hot water
- Require little maintenance
Is it renewable?
- Heat pump systems can lower carbon emissions as they use renewable, natural heat sources
- The level of the carbon reduction depends on the fuel being replaced
- Another power source is required to power heat pumps so they are not carbon neutral
How much does it cost?
- Costs depend on the type of heat pump being installed, your heating requirements and your available space – we can advise on this
- Heat pumps are eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme – we can advise on this too
Heat Pump suitability checklist
- Is the property suitable for conversion?
- Is there a feature that means a specific heat pump is the natural choice?