Our experienced engineers have the knowledge and expertise to design and install a wide range of biomass boilers, from standalone ones that are suitable for large domestic properties, to fully integrated systems for commercial premises.
We can assist you in every step of the process of selecting, installing and setting up a new biomass boiler. We carry out a complete assessment and provide an indication of the potential savings from a biomass system.
Full maintenance packages are available as we understand the practical ongoing requirements of biomass, but we also provide rectification measures for third party installation issues.
Watch our video about biomass here.
What is Biomass?
- Biomass heating systems can range from small log burning stoves or wood chip boilers to fully automated commercial systems
- Biomass boilers can provide heating, hot water or even electricity (using CHP) by burning organic, usually plant derived matter, typically in the form of wood logs, wood pellets, wood chips or waste wood
Benefits of Biomass
- Affordable fuel
- Lower carbon emissions
- Provide heating and hot water
Is it renewable?
- Due to the same amount of carbon being absorbed during the growth of a tree as is emitted during combustion (closed carbon cycle), biomass is considered to be a carbon neutral (apart from the small amount expended during harvesting, processing and transportation) source of renewable energy
How much does it cost?
- Costs depend on the type of system being installed, your heating requirements and the fuel used – we can advise on this
- Biomass is eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) – we can advise on this too
Biomass suitability checklist
- Is there enough space for both the boiler, and the fuel store?
- Is a suitable fuel supply available with appropriate fuel delivery access?
- Is the property suitable for conversion?